Tuesday, April 21, 2009

felt a lightness today. wrote a final but didn't matter. what's the difference between an A or B?

able to sit outside the roasterie and listen to a man play guitar just like stevie ray vaughn, he was dressed like stevie ray and made facial gestures like stevie ray. he stopped short one song and told me that god is in everything and would never let anyone experience post mordem harm. i listened. thats what our generation of post modern narrative listeners do well...listen. i'm quite sure his world view is panentheistic. i was in no apologetic (debating) type of mood so just chilled and listened. i had met him two days earlier at a coffee shop and we argued the scholarship issues of the new testatment.

then i sun bathed at riley park. hannah called. jess arrived at the park on her new bike.

went downtown on my skateboard to mec with jess, ate vietnamese subs, and then cafe beano. met a man from the congo. he is a refugee with a disability and on assured income for the severely handicapped. he is sad because his family is back in the violence of the turbulence of the congo, likely in a refugee camp.

and it was nice to chat.
felt a lightness today.

i have no cord to connect my camera to my computer, so the last 8 months or so have been pictureless. but today i was looking at last years pics. i think i'll post a pic every couple days that i just enjoy...


this picture was likely taken on exactly this day, a year ago. it is in Nekept, Ethiopia. i love the reactions from the children as they likely think i'm a ghost, as most in this town had never seen a white person before.

2 comments:

  1. Lee
    Sounds like a good day. Makes me happy that the three of you found a day to all go a bit slower. I hope you can find more like that.

    I suppose I am jealous about the Beano. Maybe I should create a Beano Kolkata.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee,
    Thanks for your comment on my blog. My name is Stef...and you're right, we don't know one another. But it was encouraging to see that someone out there reads my blog. Sometimes I wonder why I even write in the thing.

    I'm enjoying your posts too...it's kind of weird to think of Jesus using blogspot to encourage, but...he does, apparently.

    Enjoy your Thursday...you've found a new reader!

    Stef

    ReplyDelete