Friday, March 27, 2009

a fish out of water

received an invitation to meet Jim Wallis (activist, author, founder of sojourners, that guy who wrote the forward to Irresistible Revolution). that excites me. one month and i can cross him off my list (of 3) people i wish to meet before parousia.

quite likely one of the most influential people in my faith journey. there is nothing in particular i wish to say to him, yet i know conversation usually comes quite natural. except last night, i went and introduced myself to the lead singer of the Great Lake Swimmers and buddy-o was not so reciprocally generous desiring getting to know me! (i was going to invite him out for a tea...yet after the awkward one sided conversation of me asking him heeps, him asking me goose-egg...i wanted my concert money back!).

No comments:

Post a Comment