Sunday, May 24, 2009

How not to quit

Been gone all weekend to YC Edmonton with the youth group.

2 months ago I gave my notice at the church- there has been no announcement from the church yet it had slowly leaked and some of the youth were curious if the news from the grapevine was true.

Anyways, I learned how not to quit. Don't plan your last activity with your youth group to be a 3 day intensive road trip...because you cannot but love your kids more than ever and love their quirky personalities more than ever. Absolutely hated the conference but all the time spent with the kids is now heartbreaking. I thought I could step away from this job without emotion, and I did successfully tell the kids without teary eyes why I am leaving, yet I do have regrets that it's over. Two years and a new season. Two years and I can say that I'm genuinely sad...really heart broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment